|March 31, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
March 21, 2017
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. Mark R. Cobb was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
Also in Attendance: Art Ingersoll, Roland Rivard, Joanne Rankin, Roland Legere and Skip Bartosch
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Election of Board Chairman will be held over until there is a full Board present.
II. Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S Perro, to approve the minutes from March 7, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
III. Public Comment:
a. Ronald Rivard asked to speak to the BOS regarding the Townspeople continued support for the Southern Maine Veterans Cemetery Association. The townspeople approved a $1,000 donation for the maintenance of the Southern Maine Cemetery. The BOS presented Ronald with the check in the amount of $1,000.
b. Joanne Rankin, Town Clerk spoke to the BOS regarding the recent election and the write in votes that were cast for School Board Director, Library Trustee, Budget Committee members. Carolyn Rand was the write in candidate for School Board, Budget Committee (2 positions were vacant) and Library Trustee. There were two vacancies on the Library Board of Trustees. Joan Dyer was elected as a write in candidate to fill one of those vacancies. Carolyn has accepted the position as Library Trustee. Carolyn has declined the School Board position and has yet to make a decision on the Budget Committee. Once she has made a decision Joanne will inform the Board so that they can advertise for the vacancies.
IV. Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
V. Unfinished Business:
1. Transfer Station Sign – William J. Mageary mentioned he had obtained a price of $80,00 for the replacement sign (26’x36’) from Tom Mitchell from TDM Signs. The first price quote from RSD Graphics was $175.00. The decision was to approve the sign quote from TDM signs.
2. CAI Technologies Agreement for Digital Mapping – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the agreement in the amount off $2,500.00 for updating the digital mapping. No further discussion. Motion was carried unanimously.
3. Solar Power – Michael S. Perro updated the BOS regarding Revision Energy and Planet Green. Planet Green is not able to bid on the solar energy that Town of Shapleigh is interested in pursuing. Michael will follow up with Revision Energy in regards to the PPA structure. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to instruct Revision Energy to begin drafting the contract for the Town of Shapleigh which will be reviewed by legal counsel for solar power. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. TANS Bid Opening – Chairman Perro opened the three bids that were received. The following are the bid results:
a. Biddeford Savings interest .91% as needed; .91% lump sum
b. SIS 1.30% as needed; 1.20% lump sum
c. Androscoggin 1.23% as needed; 1.19% lump sum
Before making a decision the BOS would like the recommendation of the Treasurer.
2. Review of Job Description – The BOS reviewed the revised job description for the Office Assistant vacancy along with the job posting. The job posting will be posted for two weeks.
1. York County Manager’s Letter
2. Planning Board Letters
3. 12 Town Meeting – William J. Mageary attended this meeting. The topic that was discussed was the pending legislation. The April meeting topic will be aging in place.
4. Memorial/Celebration of Life for Charles Gruber – was held on Saturday, March 18th. The celebration was a wonderful tribute to Charles and his legacy.
5. Mousam Watershed Dam Coalition – meeting will be held Thursday, March 30th at 8:00 am at the Sanford Town Hall Chambers.
2. CAI Technologies Agreement
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 8:00 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
April 28, 2017 5:50 PM