|July 26, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
July 18, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 7:03 pm on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Roland Legere, Art Ingersol and Skip Bartosch
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from July 11 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
· Letter from Pat Baldwin was received and read. Pat’s concern is the extreme high water levels on Mousam Lake. She feels there is a lack of caring or understanding what the high water level is doing to the quality of the lake. Attached to these minutes is her letter to the Selectmen.
· Roland Legere – mentioned that while he was away this past weekend, the water level on Goose Pond dropped 3 inches. Skip Bartosch mentioned the level at Mousam Lake is up 4 inches and there is erosion from the water level being so high. All of this information will be shared with the Town of Sanford since the Town of Sanford is the overseers of the Emery Mills Dam.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Snails from Square Pond Road – William J. Mageary stated he contacted the State of Maine regarding how to dispose of the snails that are collected from Square Pond Road. At this time the State has no formal procedure on how to dispose of them. However, the State would be interested in learning more on how Square Pond Association disposes of the snails.
2. Winter Plowing Contract – At this time this matter is being reviewed by the Town’s attorney.
1. Notice of Resignation – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to accept the resignation from Kim Gendreau from the Recreation Committee with regret. William J. Mageary expressed his appreciation for all of the work that Kim and Julie Tanner have done during the past several years. Their hard work and dedication is greatly appreciate. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Committee Applications for Recreation Committee – Motion made by William J. Mageary to appoint DeeAnn Phillips and Sandra Anderson to the Recreation Committee. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Maine Municipal Association Voting Ballot – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to vote for the candidates listed on the ballot. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Purchase Orders for Rescue – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the purchase order for Iamresponding in the amount of $2,066.00 ( 3 year contract). No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the purchase order from Amazon in the amount of $68.98. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Office Assistant Position – William J. Mageary mentioned that the process to hire an Office Assistant should begin. The Executive Secretary stated she has some thoughts regarding the hiring process and would like to discuss further at next week’s meeting.
6. Veteran’s Cemetery – William J. Mageary mentioned the ceremony that was held last Saturday was exceptional. Ron Rivard did an excellent job organizing the ceremony.
7. Mousam Lake Dam Coalition – Michael S. Perro stated there has been no date scheduled for the next meeting. The Selectmen were in agreement that there should be a quarterly meeting scheduled regardless if there is agenda items to be discussed. A letter will be sent from the Selectmen requesting a meeting.
1. Letter Regarding Water Level at Mousam Lake
2. Planning Board Letter
3. CEO Letter of Violation
4. Shapleigh Community Day Friday, July 21 – Saturday, July 22nd
2. Certificates of Appointment for DeeAnn Phillips and Sandra Anderson for Recreation Committee
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:34 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
July 28, 2017 2:39 AM