|June 25, 2014|
Board of Selectmen meeting for June 17, 2014
Selectmen in Attendance: Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro being present. Executive Secretary Karla Bergeron was in attendance as well.
Others attending: Skip Bartosch, Art Ingersol and Richard Goodwin
· Call the Meeting to Order: Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Reading and Approval of the minutes from:
June 10, 2014 – motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro, to accept minutes as written. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Public Comment: None
· Road Commissioners Report:
· John Burnell, Road Commissioner – North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
· Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner – South, worked on Back Road, specifically cleaning out culverts to improve the water drainage along the sides of the road. Hooper Road - brush has been cut along the sides of that road to help improve drainage and overall visibility. During the upcoming week grading of the graveled roads with accepted easement will begin.
· Unfinished Business:
a) Residential Sand Building – Board of Selectmen agreed to apply to the Planning Board for an amendment to the conditional use permit to add a residential sand building to the property that now has the sand/salt building. A sketch of the proposed building should be forthcoming.
b) Tax Acquired Property – The BOS was updated on the current situation and would like to schedule a meeting with the previous owners asap.
c) Town Hall Parking Lot – The BOS agreed to apply for an amendment to the existing conditional use permit to extend the current parking lot. A workshop has been scheduled with Road Commissioners and the BOS for Tuesday, June 24,, 2014 at 6:00 pm.
d) NFPA Invoice – William J. Mageary stated he spoke to the Fire Chief regarding the validity of this invoice. Fire Chief stated it was ok if the Selectmen choose not to pay this invoice since the information is available free on the NFPA website.
a) CEO File Cabinets – Chairman Cobb stated the CEO files are not secured and need to be locked when the office is closed. A discussion took place that someone was witnessed going through the CEO files on a day the office was closed. Follow up will take place regarding who has access to the Town Hall building.
b) Mowing at the Transfer Station – It was mentioned the mowing at the Town Hall needs to take place. It was determined the Transfer Station employee will be asked if he would like this added responsibility.
c) Vacation Request - The Executive Secretary has asked for a vacation day for June 20th. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the request as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
a) Planning Board Letters
b) York County Budget Meeting
c) Executive Session on Friday, June 20, 2014 at 8:00 am personnel matter
d) Workshop for Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm to review CU permits
· Vacation Request
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn the meeting at 7:28 pm. Motion passed.
Submitted by Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. These minutes are not verbatim.
Board of Selectmen
July 22, 2014 7:36 PM