|March 04, 2015|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
February 24, 2015 – 7:00 pm
A. Call to Order
Chair Cobb, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at the
Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro being present. Also in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
B. Pledge of Allegiance was recited
C. Approval of Minutes from February 17, 2015
Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
D. Public Comment
1. Charles Gruber asked to speak to the Board regarding laminated 6 maps labeled “Beginning with Habitat” which are very full with valuable information that will have a greatly extended life and can be safely displayed outside during Community Day. Charles presented the Selectmen with 3 price quotes. Vendors: Edison Press $241.00; Staples $135.00 and Lincoln Press $90.00. Price is for all 6 maps. After discussing this issue. Motion made by Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to allow Lincoln Press to laminate the 6 maps. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. Cost of laminated will be divided between Conservation and Planning Board budgets.
2. County Commissioners, Michael Cote along with the newly appointed Emergency Management Director, Art Cleaves asked to speak to the Board of Selectmen this evening. The new EMA Director is in the process of meeting and talking with the local Towns in York County. Art spoke of a new EMS initiative that is in the very early stages of discussion. The concept is 4 communities would have 24/7 ALS intercept coverage. The staff would be centrally located with a “fly” car in to order to be available to respond to emergency calls. EMA would perform the administrative duties since they currently have the staff. Several questions were asked but at this time the answers were not available. The next meeting to discuss this subject will be on Tuesday, March 17th, location is TBD. The BOS asked to be included in all future correspondence regarding this matter. The BOS thanked Mike Cote and Art Cleaves for attending their meeting this evening and look forward to working with Art in the future.
E. Road Commissioners Report:
1. Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner, South – was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
2. John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North – was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
F. Unfinished Business:
1. TANS 2015 – will be discussed at a later meeting.
2. Purchase Order – was approved as presented.
G. New Business:
1. Lions Club Request for Bulletin Board – William J. Mageary stated the Lions Club has asked for permission to purchase and install a bulletin board at theTransfer Station building (upper level). This would be used for community news information the property owners of upcoming events. The Selectmen were in full agreement to allow this purchase to take place.
2. Recreation Fields Electric Bill – Chairman Cobb stated while reviewing the electric invoices he noticed there’s an invoice for the sports fields. During the winter months there should be no electricity since there are no sporting events. Chairman Cobb stated he would go to the property to see if there is a problem with the panel box.
H. Information -
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. Notice from Attorney Brad Morin
J. Signatures –
There being no further business, Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn the meeting at 7:32 p.m.
These minutes are not verbatim.
Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
March 31, 2015 8:35 AM