|May 14, 2015|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
May 5, 2015 – 7:00 pm
A. Call to Order
Chair Mageary, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at the
Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Mark R. Cobb being present. Also in attendance; Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Selectmen.
Also in Attendance: Brenda Goodwin, Richard Goodwin, Art Ingersoll and Skip Bartosch
B. Pledge of Allegiance was recited
C. Approval of Minutes from April 28, 2015
Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
D. Public Comment:
Thomas Clement asked to speak to the Board of Selectmen regarding the new parking lot light. In the opinion of Mr. Clement, the light is too powerful for the size parking lot. The light shines onto his house and beyond. After discussing this matter the solution will be a shield will be customized to be installed over the light. The shield can be adjustable to angle down just on the parking lot. Mr. Clement is willing to design the shield free of charge and the Town will have someone install it on the light.
Art Ingersol mentioned there is a pothole in front of the msw disposal area and needs to be filled in with cold patch. The BOS asked the Executive Secretary to contact Road Commissioner, North to see if he could complete this task.
E. Road Commissioners Report-
1. Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner, South – mentioned he and his crew have swept the intersections in his district. Spring grading has begun and should be completed in the coming weeks. The salt shed has been cleaned out. William Mageary extended a thank you from a resident who owns property on 23rd Street for grading this road.
2. John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North – was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
F. Unfinished Business-
1. Review of Town Policies – The Board of Selectmen had workshops on Friday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 5th. Another workshop has been scheduled for Friday, May 8th at 8:00 am to continue the review of policies.
2. Tax Acquired Property – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to enter into an Executive Session at 7:18 pm to discuss a foreclosed property/pending litigation matter. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. The BOS came out of the Executive session at 7: 39 pm.
3. Animal Control Officer Hourly Rate – It was decided the hourly rate for the ACO would be paid at the same rate as the Deputy ACO on call rate which is $15.00 per hour.
G. New Business-
1. Certificate of Appointments for Lynne Mann and Nancy Hodgon – Shapleigh Community Day – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to appoint Lynne Mann and Nancy Hodgon as members of the Community Day Committee. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Public Safety Building – Mark R. Cobb informed the BOS that he met with the Fire Chief and Rescue Chief of Service on Monday evening. They would like approval to have a temporary disposal container placed at the PSB so they can begin to clean out some debris and misc items that are no longer any use to either department. The BOS stated before anything is disposed of someone needs to contact Elsa Cook, Women’s Auxiliary to make certain their property is not disposed out without her approval. Motion made by Mark Cobb, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve a temporary dumpster to be placed at the PSB for a rental cost of $221.00 and $80.00 per ton for disposal. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
H. Information –
1. Planning Board Letters
I. Signatures –
2. Certificates of Appointments
J. Adjournment -
There being no further business, Motion made by Mark R Cobb, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn the meeting at 7:41 p.m.
These minutes are not verbatim.
Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
May 24, 2015 12:48 AM