|August 24, 2016|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
August 16, 2016
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary being present. Also in attendance: Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. Mark R. Cobb was unable to attend tonight’s meeting.
Also in Attendance: Art Ingersol, Andrea Boland, James Campbell, Rosanne Chessie, Robert Chessie and Noah Gallant
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to accept the minutes from August 9, 2016 as presented. Motion passed.
III. Public Comment:
a Andrea Boland who is running for Maine Senate asked to speak to the Board of Selectmen this evening. Andrea gave an overview of her past history as a Maine Representative. She expressed her opinion for status quo, works to secure the electric grid, supports strong environmental protection, respects the needs of families and veterans, advocate for wellness and consumer safety and promotes accountability in government and industry. Chairman Michael S. Perro mentioned the educational funding formula and how the State has never honored their financial responsibility for this law. Andrea acknowledges that issue and she supports the current law as it is written.
b James Campbell – mentioned to the Board he will not be seeking re-election and that he fully supports Andrea Boland and Aaron Carroll of Limerick. James gave an overview of the various issues that he supported during this tenure. The Selectmen thanked James for his hard work and dedication that he showed to the voters of Shapleigh.
c Robert Chessie and Noah Gallant Shapleigh Boy Scout Troop – asked the Selectmen a few questions about local volunteer efforts for anyone who wishes to volunteer in Town, Emery Mills Dam current condition. Chairman Perro mentioned there is a committee from with members from Sanford, Shapleigh Acton who meet to discuss the Emery Mills dam. Currently, there is a plan to deal with future maintenance.
d Rosanne Chessie – asked if the BOS have ever considered breaking the tax bill into two payments. The response that has been discussed over the years. Taxpayers do have the option of making partial payments on their taxes all year long.
IV. Road Commissioners Report: North/South:
a John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
b Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner, South was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
V. Unfinished Business:
1. Revision Energy Proposal Discussion – Chairman Perro mentioned new information has been received as of today. The BOS would like time to review the new data and be prepared to speak at the next regular BOS meeting.
VI. New Business:
1. Schedule Meeting with Road Commissioners to discuss road projects for 2017 – Since there were no Road Commissioners present this evening this issue will be carried over to discuss with them.
2. Review of Budget Memo – It was approved as written.
3. Free Demo Card Price Quote – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the price quote along with the mailing for the free demo loads for 2017 and 2018. Discussion: define what a truck load is equivalent – 2 cubic yard is considered a truck load. Motion carried unanimously.
4. PTO Request – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the Executive Secretary’s request for PTO for Sept 1 and Sept 2nd. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Purchase Order from Rescue – The purchase order has been placed on hold at this time to allow for further discussion with the full board concerning the establishment of a Rescue Squad web page.
a) Rescue Members Letters
b) Letter from a Shapleigh Resident thanking the Shapleigh Rescue for exceptional service and saving her life.
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:55 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
August 27, 2016 11:01 AM