|July 19, 2016|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
July 12, 2016
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 12, 2016, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Mark R. Cobb and William J. Mageary being present. Also in attendance: Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Also in Attendance: Art Ingersol, Adam Bruns and Skip Bartosch
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to accept the minutes from July 5, 2016 as presented. Motion passed.
III. Public Comment: Art Ingersoll thanked the BOS for changing the color of the Transfer Station stickers. The new color makes it easier to see on the vehicles.
IV. Road Commissioners Report: North/South:
a John Burnell, North was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
b Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner, South was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
V. Unfinished Business:
1. Recycling Request Bid Opening – Chairman Perro opened the three bids that were received. Bids were: R.W. Herrick, CIA Salvage and ECO Maine. The Selectmen will review the information received prior to the next regular BOS meeting.
2. Transfer Station Roof Bid Opening – There were no bids received for this project. Michael S. Perro raised the issue of the Selectmen performing this task. William J. Mageary will measure the roof and estimate the cost to reshingle the upper level building at the Transfer Station. William will update the BOS at the next meeting. If no interest the Board of Selectmen will seek out contractors who might be interested in completing this task.
3. Public Safety Building Project – Mark R. Cobb mentioned no contractors were in attendance for the bidders meeting that was held on Thursday, July 7, 2016. The BOS will wait for the bid opening to see if there is any interest in the project.
4. Auction Signs – William J. Mageary asked when he could schedule time for help with installation of the wooden brace for the auction sign. Chairman Perro stateed let's wait one more week.
6. Shapleigh Community Day Parade – The BOS agreed they will be walking in the parade this year vs riding in a car.
VI. New Business:
1. Executive Session for a Personnel Matter 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) – Motion made by Mark R.. Cobb, Seconded by William J. Mageary to enter into an Executive Session at 7:28 pm to discuss a personnel matter. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. The BOS came out of the Executive Session at 7:44 pm. Motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by William J. Mageary to release the check for the FD member with the Selectmen’s apology for the delay in releasing the check. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Rescue Purchase Order – At this time the BOS declined to approve the purchase of an air conditioning unit. Reasons for denial: Wrong style A/C unit and not budgeted.
3. Purchase Order for Town Hall – was approved as presented.
4. Meeting with the Fire Chief and Rescue Chief of Service – The BOS would like to schedule a meeting with the Fire Chief and Rescue Chief of Service to get an update on how both departments are doing.
a) Thank You Letter
b) Planning Board Agenda and Draft Minutes
c) Comprehensive Plan Survey
2. Pole Application on hold – pending more information
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to adjourn at 7:53 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
July 28, 2016 6:25 AM