|April 18, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
April 10, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. Michael S. Perro was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
In Attendance: Ronald Rivard, Darren Rogers, Lindsey LaCourse, Brad Hoffman, Linda, Nancy Small, Roland Legere, Art Ingersoll and Skip Bartosch
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Approval of the minutes for April 3, 2018 will be postponed until the next regular BOS meeting.
· Ronald Rivard updated the BOS on what he has been working on since his last update. Ron has started cleaning branches and raking in the Veterans cemeteries. Curtis Mills and Dick Langlais will be assisting him this year with maintaining the cemeteries. Ronald spoke to the BOS about the damaged fence on the Ham/Crockett cemetery. Ronald received one price quote that was in the amount of $1850.00. It was decided that Ron will investigate other options for repairing the fence. The cost to pay for the damage will come from the cemetery account. At this time Ronald asked the BOS to present the Southern Maine Cemetery check in the amount of $1,000 to Brad Hoffman who is a member of the Southern Maine Cemetery Board. Brad thanked the Selectmen and the residents of Shapleigh for their continued support.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, stopped in before attending the Planning Board meeting. The BOS asked Caleb if he had a proposed cost for the work that the plowing contractor will be doing on the driveways that were damaged. Caleb stated at this time he does not but he will gather the figures and get back to the BOS.
1. Follow Up on CMP Matter – the BOS reviewed the information that was received from CMP concerning short term service vs year-round service. At this time the BOS would like to review the information and follow up with CMP before making a decision on the power at the Williams Property.
i. Certificates of Appointments: Emergency Management Director – Darren Rogers; Deputy Emergency Management Director – Michael Deshaies; Planning Board Members – Roger Allaire; Board of Appeals – Patricia Baldwin; Mousam Lake Watershed Coalition- Michael S. Perro and Roland Legere; Health Officer – Janet Lavoie – Motion made by Jennifer Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to appointment those individuals as stated. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
ii. Animal Welfare Annual Agreement – Motion made by Jennifer Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to sign the agreement as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
iii. 12 Town Group Meeting – William J. Mageary attended this meeting which was held on Monday, April 9, 2018. William stated the meeting was poorly attended. The topic for this meeting was 211 which is a number you call for information. There are over 1700 agencies that participate in the 211 resources. The resource number is available 24/7. People would call this number if they need assistance with food, health, housing, crisis, basic needs, jobs and so much more. This service is being funded through United Ways of Maine.
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. MMA Critical Incident Response Benefit
3. RSU 57 Agenda
2. Artist Agreement
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary at 7:32 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
April 19, 2018 9:46 AM