|October 03, 2014|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes for September 23, 2014
Shapleigh Town Hall 7:00 pm
Selectmen in Attendance: Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro being present. Executive Secretary Karla Bergeron was in attendance as well.
Others attending: Richard Goodwin, Skip Bartosch, Joanne Rankin and Art Ingersol
* Call the Meeting to Order: Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Reading and Approval of the minutes from:
Minutes for September 9, 2014 – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
* Public Comment:
* Art Ingersol mentioned that on Thursday, September 18th a representative from DEP visited the Transfer Station where he reviewed the rules and regulations regarding composting. At this time, Michael S. Perro mentioned the ongoing issue of the Town purchasing a piece of equipment for the employees could utilize at the Transfer Station for moving the compost pile, grading and possibly plowing. Chairman Cobb stated this would be a matter that could be investigated further during the 2015 budget process.
* Road Commissioners Report:
· John Burnell, Road Commissioner – North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
· Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner – South, mentioned he has been working on the additional parking lot for the Town Hall along with the assistance of the Road Commissioner, North. The project is coming along very well.
* Unfinished Business:
a. CMP Standard Rate – Chairman Cobb stated the CMP standard rate will be changing in March of 2015. CMP will be soliciting bids in the fall of 2014. Electricity Maine is anticipating a 33% increase. The current agreement needs to be reviewed to determine if the Town is locked into the current price for two years.
b. Residential Sand/Salt Building – William J. Mageary asked if a decision had been made regarding the rafters for the new building. Michael S. Perro stated he had a conversation with the CEO regarding what options might be available. Because there is a lot of extra room for this building some adjustments might be necessary. Michael S. Perro spoke to Bob Morey who is contacting the company where we would be purchasing the trusses. More information is forthcoming.
c. Foreclosed Property Update – The Town is receiving payments on both properties at this time.
* New Business:
a) Town Clerk Review of Performance Evaluation - Executive Session – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to enter into an Executive Session pursuant to 1 MRSA 405 (6) E at 7:33 pm. Motion carried unanimously. The BOS came out of their executive session at 7:58 pm. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve a 3% increase to the hourly wage of the Deputy Town Clerk based on a positive performance evaluation. No furthre discussion. Motion carried unanimously. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to increase the hourly wage of the Ballot Clerks to $10.00 and the Warden to $10.50. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
b) Review of Commons Maintenance Bid – minor revisions were made to bid.
c) Review of Sports Fields Maintenance Bid – minor revision was made to bid.
d) Review of Town Hall Painting Bid – a discussion took place regarding whether the Board wants to paint the Town Hall building or develop a plan for siding. This matter will be placed under unfinished business to all for further discussion.
e) Price Quote for Demo Debris Cards – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the price quote as presented. No further discussion. Motion was carried unanimously.
a) Planning Board Draft Minutes
b) Old Civil Defense office could be used for storage to reduce the overflow of the Town Hall vault.
· RSU 57 Referendum Vote
* Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn the meeting at 8:12 pm. Motion passed.
Submitted by Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. These minutes are not verbatim.
Board of Selectmen
October 30, 2014 2:56 PM