Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes for November 26, 2013
Selectmen in Attendance: Chairman Michael S. Perro called the meeting to order with Mark R. Cobb and William J. Mageary being present. Executive Secretary Karla Bergeron was in attendance as well.
Others attending: Richard Goodwin, Art Ingersol, John Burnell and Skip Bartosch
· Call the Meeting to Order: Chairman Michael S. Perro called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Reading and Approval of the minutes from:
· November 12, 2013 – motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Public Comment: None
· Road Commissioners Report:
· Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner – South, mentioned he continues to work on the stockpiling and prepping for the winter season.
· John Burnell, Road Commissioner – North, mentioned his 2014 budget has been turned in for review. During the past week the winter stockpiling has been a priority. John updated the Board regarding the meeting he attended along with Selectmen William Mageary which was held by Maine Department of Transportation topic was: “Scour Critical” bridges. John had information for the Selectmen to review. At this time the Hargraves Bridge was discussed. John has the necessary information what to do in cases of flooding. John will be following up with MDOT in regards to the definition for the Hargraves Bridge. Mark R. Cobb asked about the reserve account for Hargraves Bridge and why is that money necessary. John mentioned that reserve money is to be used for maintenance. John updated the BOS regarding the work needed at the Transfer Station. John has spoken to the CEO concerning the work needed and is aware of when a permit is needed to extract fill from the area.
· Property on Gore Road – John Burnell mentioned to the BOS that he along with Road Commissioner, Richard Goodwin walked the Gore Road Property and did an overview of the materials that could be utilized by the Town. It appears that given the size of property, there is approximately ¼ of the property that could possibly be used for gravel. With that in mind more information would be needed before deciding on moving forward with this matter. A discussion took place with all parties and it was the decision that at this time that it is in the best interest of the Town to leave the property on the tax role since there is not a need at this time for another gravel pit property. A letter will be sent to the property owner indicating, that based on the insufficient amount of product and the asking price the Town of Shapleigh is not interested at this time in purchasing this property.
· Storage Shed for Town Hall – Motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by William J. Mageary to purchase a 5 foot x 6 foot Rubbermaid shed from Lowes in the approximate amount of $475.00 which will utilized to store the snowblower and lawn mower. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Fire Department Purchase Orders – at this time the two purchase orders will remain on hold until the account that will be paying for these items are identified.
· Recreation Travel Team Uniforms – a discussion took place on the price quotes that have been submitted for BOS approval. The BOS would like to meet with Cindi Labbe from the Recreation Committee to discuss these quotes further. Motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the prices quotes pending discussion with Recreation Committee member and quotes are reasonable. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Unfinished Business:
a) Handyman Applications – The BOS conducted one interview prior to their BOS meeting this evening. No decision has been made at this time. More interviews are scheduled at this time.
b) Maine Department of Transportation Score Critical Bridge -
· New Business:
a) Supplemental – The BOS signed the supplemental as presented for the Shapleigh Baptist Church.
b) FEMA Flood Map – preliminary review – The BOS reviewed the preliminary flood maps where they have no changes at this time.
c) Letter of resignation from Shapleigh Community Day – motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by William J. Mageary to accept the letter of resignation from Marcia Zinser with regret. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
a) Planning Board Agenda and Minutes
b) Shapleigh Budget Committee meeting schedule
· Certificate of Appointment – Jeff Bacon Budget Committee Member
· Letter of Appreciation to Marcia Zinser
· Supplemental – Shapleigh Baptist Church
· Motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by William J. Mageary to adjourn the meeting at 7:37 pm. Motion passed
Submitted by Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. These minutes are not verbatim.