|July 29, 2015|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
July 21, 2015 – 7:00 pm
A. Call to Order
Chairman William J. Mageary, called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Mark R. Cobb being present. Also in attendance; Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Also in Attendance: Richard Goodwin, Skip Bartosch, Art Ingersol and Penny Mills
B. Pledge of Allegiance was recited
C. Approval of Minutes from July 14, 2015
Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
D. Public Comment - None
E. Road Commissioners Report-
1. Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner, South – mentioned that next week the Back Road project will be fully underway. F.R. Carroll will begin their portion of the road project. The road will be under construction for the whole week. A notice will be on the website and Smart shopper for people to expect delays and to seek an alternate route. The new guard rails have been installed on Back Road and at the bridge at Deering Ridge Road. Goose Pond Road was paved last week. Dick asked F.R. Carroll to pave a small section on 16th Street, the entrance was done at this time.
2. Sand/Salt Building – William J. Mageary mentioned he noticed the areas in front of the residential sand/salt building has been prepped for paving. William mentioned the building still needs the light installed along with the new signage that has been received. Dick mentioned he is aware of the items needed and will be addressing those in the coming months. Dick mentioned there is a leak in the smaller building. This is something that will need to be fixed.
3. John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North – was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
F. Unfinished Business-
a) Metrocast Franchise Discussion – The BOS would like to send a request to Metrocast to have them conduct a survey to the property owners of Shapleigh regarding their services.
b) MMA 2015-16 Accident Insurance for Volunteers – The BOS are interested in finding out more information on this coverage along with budgeting for this benefit for 2016. This will be discussed further during the budget process.
c) Mowing of the Sports Fields and Shapleigh Commons – William J. Mageary would like to speak to the Contractor who is responsible for this job. William feels there are areas of the bid that are not being completed. A tentative meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:30 pm.
d) Health Issue with Foreclosed Property on Map 11, Lot 28 – William J. Mageary stated he continues to follow up with the mortgage holder, who informs him that refuse will be disposed of asap.
e) File Cabinets at Transfer Station – Art Ingersoll mentioned many people are interested in the old file cabinets at the Transfer Station. The BOS stated the large cabinet can be sold for $30.00 each and the smaller cabinets can be sold for $15.00 each.
f) Hazardous Waste Day – Mark R. Cobb mentioned that he has been asked a few times if the Town was scheduling a hazardous waste day. The Selectmen agreed this is a matter that should be discussed during the budget season for next year.
G. New Business-
a) MMA Annual Election – Vice President and Executive Committee Member – The BOS signed the ballot as presented.
b) Certificate of Appointment for Local Health Officer – Motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to appoint Janet Lavoie as the LHO for Shapleigh. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
H. Information –
1. Letter from Scott Wilkinson – Senator King’s Office
2. Biddeford Free Clinic
3. Thank you from Devon Taylor for Scholarship Award
I. Signatures –
2. Certificate of Appointment – Janet Lavoie LHO
J. Adjournment -
There being no further business, Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb, to adjourn the meeting at 7:48 p.m.
These minutes are not verbatim.
Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
July 31, 2015 3:16 AM