|August 29, 2014|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen Meeting Minutes for August 19, 2014
Shapleigh Town Hall 7:00 pm
Selectmen in Attendance: Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro being present. Executive Secretary Karla Bergeron was in attendance as well.
Others attending: Richard Goodwin and Skip Bartosch
· Call the Meeting to Order: Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
· Pledge of Allegiance
· Reading and Approval of the minutes from:
Minutes for August 12, 2014 – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Public Comment: None
· Road Commissioners Report:
· John Burnell, Road Commissioner – North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
· Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner – South, stated he has been working on the Hooper Road project. The tree cutting project on Map 7, Lot 7 has begun. Trees have been cut, next will be chipping the logs. Michael S. Perro asked Dick what the decision was regarding reinstalling the culvert on the Back Road/Burke property. Dick mentioned he investigated this matter further and felt for right now it was best to leave this area alone.
· Unfinished Business:
a. Shapleigh Fire Department Junior Fire Fighter Policy – The BOS met with the Fire Chief where this policy was discussed. The next step will be for the Selectmen to create a list of concerns and questions they need answered. That list will be forwarded to the Fire Chief for follow up.
b. Social Media Policy – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to adopt the Social Media Policy as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
c. Draft Plan for Residential Sand/Salt Building – Michael S. Perro discussed the revision to the plans. An amendment to the conditional use permit will be completed and submitted to the Planning Board for their review.
· New Business:
a) 2014 Tax Commitment – The BOS were presented with three variables with regards to establishing the tax rate. After discussing the amount the Selectmen felt was in the best interest of the town for overlay a motion was made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to set the tax rate for 2014 at .009650. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
b) Application for EMA Director – The BOS received an application for the position of EMA Director. Currently the BOS have appointed someone but that person has yet to be sworn in. Follow up with that individual will take place to see if he is still interested before more forward with this new application request.
c) Vacation Requests for CEO and Land Use Secretary – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve both requests as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
d) Purchase Order – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the purchase order as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
e) Executive Session for a Personnel Matter Pursuant 1 MRSA 405 6(1) - Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary at 7:46 pm to enter into an Executive Session to discuss a personnel matter. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. The Selectmen came out of Executive Session at 8:30 pm.
a) Planning Board Letter to Abutters
b) Metrocast Newsletter
· Purchase Order
· WirePro Contract
· Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to adjourn the meeting at 8:34 pm. Motion passed.
Submitted by Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. These minutes are not verbatim.
Board of Selectmen
September 02, 2014 5:06 AM